Wednesday 20 April 2016

Fit to Dive: Entry 4!

Weight: 18.7

This week has been successful. Jay has stepped up the workouts and brought in much more balance on the Bosu & Ball. This helps to strengthen my core and work my abdomen. Each session starts with a 5 minute warm up and then goes straight into legs or arms (depending on the week). Leg workouts consist of squats, lunges, moving up and down a small step and often squatting on one leg (definitely great for a laugh) - I find the slow movement while remaining balanced hard to control, not to mention causing a lot of soreness the following day. 

Arm work outs include push ups, triceps push-ups (really tricky and currently I have to do them from my knees). Slam ball is another arm work out that is surprisingly hard. Throwing the ball to then run, pick it up and repeat for 1 minute is exhausting.

This week Jay undertook a brief check to measure my progress. The first time we met I could do 20 push-ups in 1 minute. This week I was up to 31. Step ups were also up, going from 30 to 45. I can also see improvement in my breathing, managing not to get out of breath as quickly and feeling generally fitter and stronger. It's definitely a great motivation to keep going. 

Next week I am off to the Red Sea for a week’s diving. Normally I drop some weight while diving for a whole week so hopefully I can keep on track while I'm away. Jay has already given me a strict workout to do while I'm on the boat! 

When I look back to a year and a half ago when I was 20 stone 6lbs, I realise how far I've come. Now I'm almost two stone lighting, running up the stairs and thinking about what I'm eating - it's a life change for the better. 


I'm still going out for meals and having the odd Big Mac but everything is in moderation. A balanced diet with exercise is helping me achieve my goals. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice information.. i will try this (y)



    ----------------------------------------------------
    Domino Kiu Kiu
    Agen Poker Online
    Domino QQ
    Poker Uang Asli

    ReplyDelete