Saturday 2 April 2016

Fit to Dive: Entry 3

The goal at first was simply to lose weight, but slowly the goal has expanded. I want to be able to walk upstairs without having to stop half way for a break… and of course get into my dry suit a little easier. It’s less about weight loss now and more about my general health and fitness.
When diving, I have always been the one using more air than my buddies, resulting in me giving the hand signal to turn the dive around and head back. With some dedication, this could be the year that changes. 
Being a master instructor, I should be setting an example of how to lead a healthy and active lifestyle. This is not to say that you have to be active to dive… quite the opposite. One of the great things about diving is that anybody can take it up. At Orca, we have taught individuals with various disabilities and it has never stopped them getting in the water. However, setting a good example is conducive to encourage other divers to live a healthier life.
With regards to the weight loss, this week was less successful than last. I lost 1lb, but with a big weekend full of food, it’s still 1lb in the right direction. The fitness sessions with Jay are progressing. The pain the following day is no longer as unbearable and Jay mixing up the work outs make them much more engaging.

One incredible progression I’ve made this week, is that I can now tie my boots up without straining. I’m sure for those of you that are similar to me, you’ll understand this… but it really is a milestone.

1 comment:

  1. Woow!
    Great article and I loved your website. This is really full of resources and awesome information. Thank you so much for this great post and site..


    Domino Kiu Kiu
    Agen Poker Online
    Domino QQ
    Poker Uang Asli
    Agen Poker
    Poker
    Poker Online Terpercaya
    Capsa
    PokerQQ
    Agen QQ

    ReplyDelete